Physical switch configuration for Converged NIC
Applies to: Windows Server (Semi-Annual Channel), Windows Server 2016
In this topic, we provide you with guidelines for configuring your physical switches.
These are only commands and their uses; you must determine the ports to which the NICs are connected in your environment.
Ensure that the VLAN and no-drop policy is set for the priority over which SMB is configured.
Arista switch (dcs-7050s-64, EOS-4.13.7M)
- en (go to admin mode, usually asks for a password)
- config (to enter into configuration mode)
- show run (shows current running configuration)
- find out switch ports to which your NICs are connected to. In these example, they are 14/1,15/1,16/1,17/1.
- int eth 14/1,15/1,16/1,17/1 (enter into config mode for these ports)
- dcbx mode ieee
- priority-flow-control mode on
- switchport trunk native vlan 225
- switchport trunk allowed vlan 100-225
- switchport mode trunk
- priority-flow-control priority 3 no-drop
- qos trust cos
- show run (verify that configuration is setup correctly on the ports)
- wr (to make the settings persists across switch reboot)
- No #command# negates a command
- How to add a new VLAN: int vlan 100 (If storage network is on VLAN 100)
- How to check existing VLANs : show vlan
- For more information on configuring Arista Switch, search online for: Arista EOS Manual
- Use this command to verify PFC settings: show priority-flow-control counters detail
Dell switch (S4810, FTOS 9.9 (0.0))
! dcb enable ! put pfc control on qos class 3 configure dcb-map dcb-smb priority group 0 bandwidth 90 pfc on priority group 1 bandwidth 10 pfc off priority-pgid 1 1 1 0 1 1 1 1 exit ! apply map to ports 0-31 configure interface range ten 0/0-31 dcb-map dcb-smb exit
Cisco switch (Nexus 3132, version 6.0(2)U6(1))
class-map type qos match-all RDMA match cos 3 class-map type queuing RDMA match qos-group 3 policy-map type qos QOS_MARKING class RDMA set qos-group 3 class class-default policy-map type queuing QOS_QUEUEING class type queuing RDMA bandwidth percent 50 class type queuing class-default bandwidth percent 50 class-map type network-qos RDMA match qos-group 3 policy-map type network-qos QOS_NETWORK class type network-qos RDMA mtu 2240 pause no-drop class type network-qos class-default mtu 9216 system qos service-policy type qos input QOS_MARKING service-policy type queuing output QOS_QUEUEING service-policy type network-qos QOS_NETWORK
switchport mode trunk switchport trunk native vlan 99 switchport trunk allowed vlan 99,2000,2050 çuse VLANs that already exists spanning-tree port type edge flowcontrol receive on (not supported with PFC in Cisco NX-OS) flowcontrol send on (not supported with PFC in Cisco NX-OS) no shutdown priority-flow-control mode on