Guarded fabric and shielded VMs
Applies to: Windows Server (Semi-Annual Channel), Windows Server 2016
One of the most important goals of providing a hosted environment is to guarantee the security of the virtual machines running in the environment. As a cloud service provider or enterprise private cloud administrator, you can use a guarded fabric to provide a more secure environment for VMs. A guarded fabric consists of one Host Guardian Service (HGS) - typically, a cluster of three nodes - plus one or more guarded hosts, and a set of shielded virtual machines (VMs).
Ensure that you have installed the latest cumulative update before you deploy shielded virtual machines in production.
Videos, blog, and overview topic about guarded fabrics and shielded VMs
- Video: Introduction to Shielded Virtual Machines in Windows Server 2016
- Video: Dive into Shielded VMs with Windows Server 2016 Hyper-V
- Video: Deploying Shielded VMs and a Guarded Fabric with Windows Server 2016
- Blog: Datacenter and Private Cloud Security Blog
- Overview: Guarded fabric and shielded VMs overview
- Deployment Guide
- Quick start
- Deploy HGS
- Deploy guarded hosts
- Deploy shielded VMs