Administering App-V Virtual Applications by using the Management Console
- Windows 10
- Windows 11
Use the Microsoft Application Virtualization (App-V) management server to manage packages, connection groups, and package access in your environment. The server publishes application icons, shortcuts, and file type associations to authorized computers running the App-V client. One or more management servers typically share a common data store for configuration and package information.
The management server uses Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) groups to manage user authorization and has SQL Server installed to manage the database and data store.
Because the management servers stream applications to end users on demand, these servers are ideally suited for system configurations that have reliable, high-bandwidth LANs. The management server consists of the following components:
- The management server manages packages and connection groups.
- The publishing server deploys packages to computers running the App-V Client.
- The management database manages the package access publishes the server’s synchronization with the management server.
Management Console tasks
Here are some articles that can show you how to perform the most common tasks that the App-V Management Console is used for:
- How to connect to the Management Console
- How to add or upgrade packages by using the Management Console
- How to configure access to packages by using the Management Console
- How to publish a package by using the Management Console
- How to delete a package in the Management Console
- How to add or remove an administrator by using the Management Console
- How to register and unregister a publishing server by using the Management Console
- How to create a custom configuration file by using the App-V Management Console
- How to transfer access and configurations to another version of a package by using the Management Console
- How to customize virtual application extensions for a specific AD group by using the Management Console
- How to view and configure applications and default virtual application extensions by using the Management Console
The main elements of the App-V Management Console are:
|Management Console tab||Description|
|Packages tab||Use the Packages tab to add or upgrade packages.|
|Connection Groups tab||Use the Connection Groups tab to manage connection groups.|
|Servers tab||Use the Servers tab to register a new server.|
|Administrators tab||Use the Administrators tab to register, add, or remove administrators in your App-V environment.|