Pop-up UI animations
Use pop-up animations to show and hide pop-up UI for flyouts or custom pop-up UI elements. Pop-up elements are containers that appear over the app's content and are dismissed if the user taps or clicks outside of the pop-up element.
Do's and don'ts
- Use pop-up animations to show or hide custom pop-up UI elements that aren't a part of the app page itself. The common controls provided by Windows already have these animations built in.
- Don't use pop-up animations for tooltips or dialogs.
- Don't use pop-up animations to show or hide UI within the main content of your app; only use pop-up animations to show or hide a pop-up container that displays on top of the main app content.
- Animations overview
- Animating pop-up UI
- Quickstart: Animating your UI using library animations
- PopInThemeAnimation class
- PopOutThemeAnimation class
- PopupThemeTransition class