Policy CSP - AppRuntime
This policy setting lets you control whether Microsoft accounts are optional for Windows Store apps that require an account to sign in. This policy only affects Windows Store apps that support it.
If you enable this policy setting, Windows Store apps that typically require a Microsoft account to sign in will allow users to sign in with an enterprise account instead.
If you disable or do not configure this policy setting, users will need to sign in with a Microsoft account.
This is an ADMX-backed policy and requires a special SyncML format to enable or disable. For details, see Understanding ADMX-backed policies.
You must specify the data type in the SyncML as <Format>chr</Format>. For an example SyncML, refer to Enabling a policy.
The payload of the SyncML must be XML-encoded; for this XML encoding, there are a variety of online encoders that you can use. To avoid encoding the payload, you can use CDATA if your MDM supports it. For more information, see CDATA Sections.
- GP English name: Allow Microsoft accounts to be optional
- GP name: AppxRuntimeMicrosoftAccountsOptional
- GP path: Windows Components/App runtime
- GP ADMX file name: AppXRuntime.admx
- 1 - Added in Windows 10, version 1607.
- 2 - Added in Windows 10, version 1703.
- 3 - Added in Windows 10, version 1709.
- 4 - Added in Windows 10, version 1803.
Send feedback about: