Policy CSP - Desktop
Prevents users from changing the path to their profile folders.
By default, a user can change the location of their individual profile folders like Documents, Music etc. by typing a new path in the Locations tab of the folder's Properties dialog box.
If you enable this setting, users are unable to type a new location in the Target box.
This is an ADMX-backed policy and requires a special SyncML format to enable or disable. For details, see Understanding ADMX-backed policies.
You must specify the data type in the SyncML as <Format>chr</Format>. For an example SyncML, refer to Enabling a policy.
The payload of the SyncML must be XML-encoded; for this XML encoding, there are a variety of online encoders that you can use. To avoid encoding the payload, you can use CDATA if your MDM supports it. For more information, see CDATA Sections.
- GP English name: Prohibit User from manually redirecting Profile Folders
- GP name: DisablePersonalDirChange
- GP path: Desktop
- GP ADMX file name: desktop.admx
- 1 - Added in Windows 10, version 1607.
- 2 - Added in Windows 10, version 1703.
- 3 - Added in Windows 10, version 1709.
- 4 - Added in Windows 10, version 1803.