Policy CSP - Storage
Some information relates to prereleased product which may be substantially modified before it's commercially released. Microsoft makes no warranties, express or implied, with respect to the information provided here.
Added in Windows 10, version 1709. Allows disk health model updates.
Value type is integer.
- GP English name: Allow downloading updates to the Disk Failure Prediction Model
- GP name: SH_AllowDiskHealthModelUpdates
- GP path: System/Storage Health
- GP ADMX file name: StorageHealth.admx
The following list shows the supported values:
- 0 - Do not allow
- 1 (default) - Allow
This policy setting configures whether or not Windows will activate an Enhanced Storage device.
If you enable this policy setting, Windows will not activate unactivated Enhanced Storage devices.
If you disable or do not configure this policy setting, Windows will activate unactivated Enhanced Storage devices.
This is an ADMX-backed policy and requires a special SyncML format to enable or disable. For details, see Understanding ADMX-backed policies.
You must specify the data type in the SyncML as <Format>chr</Format>. For an example SyncML, refer to Enabling a policy.
The payload of the SyncML must be XML-encoded; for this XML encoding, there are a variety of online encoders that you can use. To avoid encoding the payload, you can use CDATA if your MDM supports it. For more information, see CDATA Sections.
- GP English name: Do not allow Windows to activate Enhanced Storage devices
- GP name: TCGSecurityActivationDisabled
- GP path: System/Enhanced Storage Access
- GP ADMX file name: enhancedstorage.admx
If you enable this policy setting, write access is denied to this removable storage class. If you disable or do not configure this policy setting, write access is allowed to this removable storage class. Note: To require that users write data to BitLocker-protected storage, enable the policy setting "Deny write access to drives not protected by BitLocker," which is located in "Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\BitLocker Drive Encryption\Removable Data Drives."
- 0 - Disable
- 1 - Enable
- GP English name: Removable Disks: Deny write access
- GP name: RemovableDisks_DenyWrite_Access_2
- GP element: RemovableDisks_DenyWrite_Access_2
- GP path: System/Removable Storage Access
- GP ADMX file name: RemovableStorage.admx
- 1 - Added in Windows 10, version 1607.
- 2 - Added in Windows 10, version 1703.
- 3 - Added in Windows 10, version 1709.
- 4 - Added in Windows 10, version 1803.
- 5 - Added in the next major release of Windows 10.