- Windows 10
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 8
- Windows 7
- Windows Server 2012 R2
- Windows Server 2012
- Windows Server 2008 R2
Looking for retail activation?
You can monitor the success of the activation process for a computer running Windows 8.1 in several ways. The most popular methods include:
- Using the Volume Licensing Service Center website to track use of MAK keys.
- Using the Slmgr /dlv command on a client computer or on the KMS host. (For a full list of options, see Slmgr.vbs Options.)
- Viewing the licensing status, which is exposed through Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI); therefore, it is available to non-Microsoft or custom tools that can access WMI. (Windows PowerShell can also access WMI information.)
- Most licensing actions and events are recorded in the Event log.
- Microsoft System Center Operations Manager and the KMS Management Pack can provide insight and information to users of System Center Operations Manager.
- The VAMT provides a single site from which to manage and monitor volume activations. This is explained in the next section.
Send feedback about: