The ICertRequest2 interface is one of two interfaces that provide communications between a client or intermediary application and Certificate Services.
Client and intermediary applications can call the ICertRequest2 methods to perform the following tasks:
- Submit certificate request.
- Retrieve the disposition, last status, and identifier of a request.
- Retrieve the certificate issued for the request.
- Retrieve pending certificates for previous requests.
- Retrieve the certification authority (CA) certificate for the Certificate Services server.
- Retrieve the CA property value, display name, and any flags associated with the property.
- Retrieve the cached response data returned by the server.
- Retrieve error message text for an HRESULT error code.
ICertRequest2 is defined in Certcli.h. When you create your program, however, use Certsrv.h as the include file. Certcli.dll provides the ICertRequest2 interface. The type information for this interface is also in Certclil.dll, which is shipped with the Platform Software Development Kit (SDK).
Certificate Services interfaces support both apartment-threading and free-threading models. For better throughput, free threading is recommended.
The ICertRequest2 interface has these methods.
|ICertRequest2::GetCAProperty||Retrieves a property value for the certification authority (CA).|
|ICertRequest2::GetCAPropertyDisplayName||Retrieves the property display name for a certification authority (CA) property.|
|ICertRequest2::GetCAPropertyFlags||Retrieves the property flags for a certification authority (CA) property.|
|ICertRequest2::GetErrorMessageText||Retrieves the error message text for an HRESULT error code.|
|ICertRequest2::GetFullResponseProperty||Retrieves the cached response data returned by the server.|
|ICertRequest2::GetIssuedCertificate||Retrieves a certificate's disposition by specifying either the request ID or the certificate serial number.|
|Minimum supported client||Windows XP [desktop apps only]|
|Minimum supported server||Windows Server 2003 [desktop apps only]|
|Header||certcli.h (include Certsrv.h)|