Creates a bitmap from a DXGI surface that can be set as a target surface or have additional color context information specified.
HRESULT CreateBitmapFromDxgiSurface( IDXGISurface *surface, const D2D1_BITMAP_PROPERTIES1 & bitmapProperties, ID2D1Bitmap1 **bitmap );
The DXGI surface from which the bitmap can be created.
Type: const D2D1_BITMAP_PROPERTIES1*
The bitmap properties specified in addition to the surface.
When this method returns, contains the address of a pointer to a new bitmap object.
The method returns an HRESULT. Possible values include, but are not limited to, those in the following table.
|S_OK||No error occurred.|
|E_OUTOFMEMORY||Direct2D could not allocate sufficient memory to complete the call.|
|E_INVALIDARG||An invalid value was passed to the method.|
|D3DERR_OUTOFVIDEOMEMORY||Direct3D does not have enough display memory to perform the operation.|
If the bitmap properties are not specified, the following information is assumed:
- The bitmap DPI is 96.
- The pixel format matches that of the surface.
- The returned bitmap will inherit the bind flags of the DXGI surface.
- However, only the subset of flags meaningful to Direct2D will be inherited. For example, D3D10_USAGE_DYNAMIC is not compatible with any public Direct2D flags.
- The color context is unknown.
- The alpha mode of the bitmap will be premultiplied (common case) or straight (A8).
- The bitmap DPI will be specified by the bitmap properties.
- If both dpiX and dpiY are 0, the bitmap DPI will be 96.
- The pixel format must be compatible with the shader resource view or render target view of the surface.
- The bitmap options must be compatible with the bind flags of the DXGI surface. However, they may be a subset. This will influence what resource views are created by the bitmap.
- The color context information will be used from the bitmap properties, if specified.
|Minimum supported client||Windows 8 and Platform Update for Windows 7 [desktop apps | UWP apps]|
|Minimum supported server||Windows Server 2012 and Platform Update for Windows Server 2008 R2 [desktop apps | UWP apps]|