Stories from developers who have switched from Mac to Windows
We thought it may be helpful to hear from other developers about their experiences switching between a Mac and Windows development environment. Most found the process reasonably simple, appreciated that they could still use their favorite Linux and open source tools, while also having integrated access to Windows productivity tools, like Microsoft Office, Outlook, and Teams. Here are a few articles and blog entries that we found:
- Ken Wang, "Think Different — Software Developer Switching from Mac to Windows"
- Owen Williams, "The state of switching to Windows from Mac in 2019"
- August Lilleaas, "Why I ditched macOS, Linux, and chose Windows for development work"
- Brent Rose, "What Happened When I Switched From Mac to Windows"
- Jack Franklin, "Using Windows 10 and WSL for frontend web development"
- Aaron Schlesinger, "Coming from a Mac to Windows & WSL 2"
- David Heinemeier Hansson, "Back to windows after twenty years"
- Ray Elenteny, "Why I returned to Windows"