Install Windows Mixed Reality software
Launch Mixed Reality Portal
After you plug in your Windows Mixed Reality headset and the driver installs successfully, the Mixed Reality Portal (MRP) will automatically launch on your Desktop. If this does not happen automatically, you can always launch Mixed Reality portal from the Start menu (Start > Mixed Reality Portal). Once the portal has launched, click Get Started
In Mixed Reality Portal, you can:
- Display a livestream of the view in your headset (Windows Mixed Reality Ultra only). To turn this on and off, select "Stop preview" or "Start preview". (You can also turn preview on and off on from the mixed reality Start menu.)
- See the status of your headset and controllers. Select "Menu" to see all the info.
- Set up new controllers. Select Menu > Set up controllers.
- Turn the boundary on or off. Select Menu > Boundary On / Off. (If you turn it off, you'll need to stay in one spot for safety.)
- Create a new boundary. Select Menu > Run setup.
- Get to your mixed reality photos. Select Menu > See mixed reality photos.
- Get mixed reality apps and games. Select Menu > Get mixed reality apps.
Download Windows Mixed Reality
Windows Mixed Reality is approximately 1GB in size, and your download times will vary depending on your internet connection. If you hit a message that says "We couldn't download the Mixed Reality software", please view the troubleshooting steps.
Review and Accept Terms and Conditions
To continue with setup you must have 2GB of free space on your PC. Review and press I Agree to the terms and conditions to continue
Next up is the compatible check. Mixed Reality Portal will check to confirm that your PC is compatible with mixed reality. Green checks mean your PC passed the required item! Orange triangles mean that there may be issues with your PC for the given requirement. If you encounter issues, you may need to troubleshoot or upgrade your PC. Red X's mean your PC does not meet the requirements for the specified item.
You will see a "Getting ready to set you up" message on your screen with a spinning icon. This should only take a few moments: