Gets the number of available credentials under this credential provider.
HRESULT GetCredentialCount( DWORD *pdwCount, DWORD *pdwDefault, BOOL *pbAutoLogonWithDefault );
A pointer to a DWORD value that receives the count of credentials.
A pointer to a DWORD value that receives the index of the credential to be used as the default. If no default value has been set, this value should be set to CREDENTIAL_PROVIDER_NO_DEFAULT.
A pointer to a BOOL value indicating if the default credential identified by pdwDefault should be used for an auto logon attempt. An auto logon attempt means the Logon UI or Credential UI will immediately call GetSerialization on the provider's default tile.
If this method succeeds, it returns S_OK. Otherwise, it returns an HRESULT error code.
This method is required.
When a Logon UI or Credential UI is ready for user interaction, a default credential is selected by default. Since each credential provider supplies a default credential, the following rules determine if pdwDefault will receive focus or if the credential will be automatically logged in.
- If a default credential has already been specified, that credential is not intended to be used for auto logon, and the pdwDefault is used for auto logon, then pdwDefault will be used as the default.
- If pdwDefault is from the last logged on provider and there isn't already a default with auto logon, then pdwDefault will be used as the default.
- If no default has been specified, then pdwDefault will be used as the default.
- Always securely discard secrets. To do this, call SecureZeroMemory before freeing the memory used to hold any secret.
- Securely discard secrets promptly after they are used.
- Securely discard secrets if they are not used for their intended purpose within an expected amount of time.
|Minimum supported client||Windows Vista [desktop apps only]|
|Minimum supported server||Windows Server 2008 [desktop apps only]|