To launch the COMREPL command line utility, use the following steps:
Add %windir%\system32\Com to the default environment path by typing the following in the command prompt:
set path = %PATH%;%windir%\system32\Com
Enter the following COMREPL command:
COMREPL sourceComputer targetComputerList [/n [/v]]
sourceComputer is the computer name of the source
targetComputerList is the computer names of the targets separated by spaces
/n suppresses confirmation prompt before starting replication
/v echoes log file output to the console
- Because COM+ is not replicated (only configuration data and applications), all target computers must already have COM+ installed.
- The user must pass role checks for the system application on both the source and the target computers.
- No local machine accounts that may be used by roles are replicated.
- The target computer(s) must be online.
- The user is responsible for replicating all non-COM+ data (for example, database tables, data files, and so forth) to the target computer(s).
- Clusters can participate in replication, but note that COMREPL replicates only to named computers.