Temporary register (HLSL PS reference)
Pixel shader input temporary registers are used to hold intermediate results.
no declaration is required
|Pixel shader versions||1_1||1_2||1_3||1_4||2_0||2_sw||2_x||3_0||3_sw|
- There are 12 pixel-shader temporary registers: r0 to r11.
- These registers are used for storing intermediate results during computations.
- If a temporary register uses components that are not defined in previous code, shader validation will fail.
- These are at least floating-point precision.
- A maximum of three can be used in a single instruction.