Effective with MIDL version 3.0, the features enabled by the ms_ext switch are now the default mode for the MIDL compiler.
This switch has no parameters.
Using the switch will not generate a compiler error, so you do not have to remove references to /ms_ext or /c_ext from an existing makefile.
The following Microsoft extensions to OSF DCE are now available by default:
- Interface definitions for OLE objects. For more information on the files generated for OLE interfaces, see Files Generated for a COM Interface
- A [callback] attribute specifying a static callback function on the client
- cpp_quote(quoted_string) and #pragma midl_echo
- wchar_t wide-character types, constants, and strings
- enum initialization (sparse enumerators)
- Expressions as size and discriminator specifiers
- Handle extensions
- Pointer-attribute type inheritance
- Multiple interfaces
- Definitions outside of the interface block
- You can omit directional attributes [in, out]