Ideal Property Handler Sample
Demonstrates the implementation of an ideal property handler for an OleDoc file format (.docfile-ms) or a fictional OpenMetadata format (.openmetadata-ms) which supports reading and writing properties and custom schema.
This topic contains the following sections.
- Downloading the Sample
- Building the Sample
- Running the Sample
- Removing the Sample
- Related topics
|Product||Minimum Product Version|
|Windows Software Development Kit (SDK)||7.0|
Downloading the Sample
This sample is available in the following locations.
|Code Gallery||Windows Shell Integration Samples on Code Gallery|
|Windows 7 SDK||Download Windows 7 SDK|
In the case of the Windows SDK, once you have downloaded and installed it, you will find the samples in the installed directory. For example, use of the default installation path for the Windows 7 SDK results in the samples being placed under
C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.0\Samples\.
Building the Sample
To build the sample from the command prompt:
- Open the command prompt window and navigate to the IdealPropertyHandler project directory.
To build the sample using Microsoft Visual Studio (preferred):
- Open Windows Explorer and navigate to the IdealPropertyHandler project directory.
- Double-click the icon for the PropertyHandler.sln file to open the project in Visual Studio.
- From the Build menu, select Build Solution.
Running the Sample
- Navigate to the directory that contains the new DLL file, using the command prompt or Windows Explorer.
- At the command line, enter
- New sample files can be created by selecting either DocFile File or Open Metadata File from the New submenu of a view's shortcut menu.
Removing the Sample
- From the command prompt, navigate to the directory that contains the DLL file.
regsvr32.exe /u PropertyHandler.dll
- Delete the folder that contains the sample's source files.