Extending Language Resources
Windows Search uses language resources such as word breakers and stemmers to break text in its native locale during index creation and query processing. Microsoft provides word breakers and stemmers for several languages. This section describes how to implement and use custom word breakers and stemmers for languages and locales beyond those provided by Microsoft.
- Understanding Language Resource Components
- Implementing a Word Breaker and Stemmer
- Linguistic and Unicode Considerations
- Troubleshooting Language Resources and Best Practices
- For a list of lanuages supported by word breakers, see Languages Supported by Windows Search.
- If you need to identify the language of a piece of text, you can use Language Auto-Detection (LAD), which is available in Windows 7 and later. For more information, see Extended Linguistic Services (ELS).
- For applicable reference documentation, see Data Add-in Interfaces.