Using LSA Policy
The following topics describe how to use the LSA Policy functions.
- Using LSA Unicode Strings explains how to convert strings into the structure format used by some LSA Policy functions.
- Opening a Policy Object Handle describes how to open a handle to the local Policy object. This handle is required by many of the LSA Policy functions as an input parameter.
- Managing Policy Information details how to set and query global policy information for the local system and the domain.
- Receiving Policy Change Events describes how to create and register an event to receive notifications when policy information changes.
- Managing Account Permissions explains how to create, delete, and enumerate accounts and how to add and remove privileges for those accounts.
- Managing Trusted Domain Information describes how to create, enumerate, and delete trusted domains, and how to set and retrieve trusted domain information.
- Translating Between Names and SIDs explains how to map SIDs to account names and vice versa.
- Mapping Posix Identifiers describes how to map SIDs to 32-bit Posix identifiers.
- Storing Private Data explains how to store and retrieve private data strings.
For information about how to use the LSA to logon and authenticate users, see LSA Authentication.