WMP SDK Samples
The Windows Media Player SDK includes a variety of samples that demonstrate many of the programming techniques described in this document.
- Scripting samples demonstrate how to embed the Player ActiveX control in a webpage. A complete webpage sample demonstrates how to detect the current version of the Player ActiveX control.
- A skins sample demonstrates how to change the visual appearance and the behavior of Windows Media Player.
- A wizard for Microsoft Visual C++ can create a unique working sample of several types of plug-in: a visualization plug-in, a user interface plug-in, a rendering plug-in, and a digital signal processing plug-in.
- Samples for online stores include a wizard for Microsoft Visual C++ that can create a unique working sample of an online store COM object.
- Samples for Microsoft Visual C++ demonstrate embedding the Windows Media Player ActiveX control, remoting the Player ActiveX control, and working with the library.
- A C# sample demonstrates using the Windows Media Player ActiveX control with the .NET Framework.
- A Visual Basic .NET sample demonstrates using the Windows Media Player ActiveX control with the .NET Framework.
To use the samples, you must install the Windows SDK, which includes the Windows Media Player SDK. To download the Windows SDK, go to the Windows SDK page in the Windows Developer Center.