MyAnalytics setup for Office 365 Administrators
The steps in this topic describe how to set up MyAnalytics for the users in your organization. Before you begin setup, complete the following:
- Prerequisite software. Make sure that the plans and environments for MyAnalytics are in place.
- Data privacy. Read the MyAnalytics privacy guide to understand the ways in which privacy is built into MyAnalytics and to learn the aspects that you can configure to address specific privacy requirements.
To set up MyAnalytics, complete the tasks in this checklist:
|Step 1 - Configure user settings||Office 365 Administrators||Configure MyAnalytics for each user in your organization.|
|Step 2 - Assign MyAnalytics licenses to users||Office 365 Administrators||Assign licenses to users, which lets them see the statistics and other information that MyAnalytics presents.|
Step 1: Configure the user PrivacyMode setting
Use the following options to configure MyAnalytics for each user in your organization. You can change these default behaviors for any user by setting the PrivacyMode parameter:
|PrivacyMode||Licensed user||Unlicensed user|
|Opt-in (This is the default setting)||
- Licensed users have MyAnalytics automatically enabled for them after a license is assigned to them.
- All users in your organization, whether or not they have MyAnalytics licenses issued to them, are opted-in. If you want a licensed user to be opted out by default, which would give them the choice to opt-in, change the value of the PrivacyMode parameter for that user to "Opt-out."
An admin can change the value of PrivacyMode for one user or for multiple users at once, by using PowerShell. To do this for multiple users, run a PowerShell script that iterates through the users, changing the value one user at a time.
For more information about the Exchange Online PowerShell, see Connect to Exchange Online PowerShell.
Configure MyAnalytics settings for a user with the following cmdlet:
Set-UserAnalyticsConfig –Identity <string> [PrivacyMode <string>]
|Identity||Yes||User ID for the current user as stored in Azure Active Directory (AAD).||-|
Get MyAnalytics settings for a user with the following cmdlet:
Get-UserAnalyticsConfig –Identity <string>
|Identity||Yes||User ID for the current user as stored in AAD||-|
Step 2: Assign MyAnalytics licenses to users
You must assign a MyAnalytics license to each participant that wants to get statistics from MyAnalytics. For information on how to do this, see Assign licenses to users in Office 365 for business. If you don’t want a user to see any statistics from MyAnalytics, just remove the MyAnalytics license from the user.
Assigning MyAnalytics licenses turns MyAnalytics on for participants. Before you do this, you might notify them in email that MyAnalytics will be available soon. To help you with this notification, use this email template. You can download it, customize it with your company’s information, and then email it to the new MyAnalytics participants. To learn more about adopting MyAnalytics, see Adopt MyAnalytics.
MyAnalytics elements become available
After you assign a user license, the new MyAnalytics participant will gain access to the elements of MyAnalytics as described here:
Outlook add-in: Users can see the MyAnalytics add-in in Outlook about 24 hours after their MyAnalytics license is granted.
MyAnalytics personal dashboard: Users can visit the MyAnalytics personal dashboard three to four days after their license is granted.
MyAnalytics welcome email:
- Existing users of Office 365 will receive the welcome email one to two days after their license is granted.
- New users will receive the welcome email approximately four weeks after their license is granted.
Users will not receive the welcome email outside of their work week. Let's say a user's work week runs from Monday to Friday, inclusive. If this person's welcome email would otherwise arrive on a weekend, its arrival time is delayed to the following Monday. For more information, see Welcome email.
Weekly email digest: Users will begin to receive the MyAnalytics email digest on the Monday of the first week after they receive the welcome email.
We'd love to hear your thoughts. Choose the type you'd like to provide:
Our feedback system is built on GitHub Issues. Read more on our blog.