Validate and verify data
The following describes who does what to validate and verify data:
- Owner - Workplace Analytics admin and data analysts with full access
- Task - Ensure that Microsoft 365 data is available and ready for analysis, ensure the correct organizational data has been uploaded and is ready for analysis.
- Outcome - Workplace Analytics admins are comfortable that data has been provisioned successfully, and data analysts are comfortable with the data and ready to use Workplace Analytics for their analysis.
After final provisioning is complete, Workplace Analytics admins and data analysts can use the Data sources section to verify that Microsoft 365 and organizational data are loaded and ready for use.
By using data source metrics, Workplace Analytics admins and data analysts can:
- Verify that Microsoft 365 data is available for analysis for the expected number of measured employees.
- Work with the internal suppliers of organizational data (HR information system admins, LOB system admins, or data analysts) to verify that the necessary data has been loaded as expected.
By using data source metrics, Workplace Analytics data analysts can:
- Get a high-level picture of the data that is available for analysis.
- Verify that the organizational data they need for their specific analysis is available.
- Feel comfortable that the data is applicable to the business problem being analyzed.
To view metrics for data sources
- In Workplace Analytics, select Sources in the left navigation bar.