Xamarin.iOS 12.1 Release Notes
- The latest features and APIs require Xcode 10.1 beta 3 and the bundled iOS, tvOS and watchOS SDKs
- Apple Xcode 10.1 requires a Mac running OSX 10.13.6 (High Sierra) or newer
What's New in this Release
Support for Xcode 10.1
For more information you can consult the Xcode 10.1 release notes from Apple.
Support for iOS 12.1
For more information you can consult the iOS 12.1 release notes from Apple.
Support for tvOS 12
For more information you can consult the tvOS 12.1 release notes from Apple.
Support for watchOS 5
For more information you can consult the watchOS 5.1 release notes from Apple.
This version of Xamarin.iOS correspond to our
xcode10.1 milestone and is based of the stable 15.8 release.
- October 22, 2018 - Xamarin.iOS 188.8.131.52
October 22, 2018 - Xamarin.iOS 184.108.40.206
This release is based on the Xcode 10.1 beta 3 release.
- 4893 - [uikit] Duplicate bindings for
UIScrollView.ContentOffsetto get correct availability information
- 4988 - [mediaplayer] Fix NRE in
MPNowPlayingInfoCenterwrt null dictionary entries
Apple Breaking Changes
- rdar://41123682 Apple changed
TVElementUpdateType*enum values. Please test your application if you're usinf this type.
- rdar://43425168 Apple changed
IN*WorkoutIntentResponseCodeenum values. Please test your application if you're usinf this type.
Apple Non-Breaking Issues
RPBroadcastPickerViewsymbol is not present in simulator. If needed you'll need to test this on devices.
- Disabling the managed linker for device builds can generate object files that are too big for the 32bits native linker
ldto process properly. The workaround is to enable the managed linker (e.g. Link SDK) on your projects.
Using an older Xcode version
Using an older Xcode version (than the one mentioned in the above requirements) is often possible, but some features may not be available. Also, some limitations might require workarounds, e.g.:
- The static registrar requires Xcode headers files to build applications, leading to
MT4109errors if API are missing. In most cases enabling the managed linker will help (by removing the API).
The following documents contains a complete list of the API changes since the Xamarin.iOS 12.0 stable release:
Your feedback is important to us. If there are any problems with this release, check the Xamarin.iOS Forums and Github Issues for existing issues. If you do not find any matching issue, please feel free to start a new discussion and report an issue.
Xamarin.iOS is based on the following open-source repositories: