Xamarin.iOS 13.8 Release Notes
To see installation instructions for both Visual Studio for Mac and Visual Studio 2019, please visit https://docs.microsoft.com/xamarin/get-started/installation
- The latest features and APIs require Xcode 11.2 and the bundled iOS, tvOS and watchOS SDKs
- Apple Xcode 11.2 requires a Mac running macOS 10.14.4 (Mojave) or newer
- Visual Studio 2019 or Visual Studio for Mac
What's New in this Release
This version of Xamarin.iOS corresponds to our 16.4 (
- December 11, 2019 - Xamarin.iOS 220.127.116.11
- November 11, 2019 - Xamarin.iOS 18.104.22.168
- November 4, 2019 - Xamarin.iOS 22.214.171.124
- October 17, 2019 - Xamarin.iOS 126.96.36.199
You can learn more about how we ship our releases in the Visual Studio 2019 Release Rhythm document.
December 11, 2019 - Xamarin.iOS 188.8.131.52
This version is included in Visual Studio for Mac 8.4 Preview 4.
- 7484 - [Interpreter] Fixes interpreter crash with
- 7399 - [AOT] Fixes SignalR issue with AOT on device
November 11, 2019 - Xamarin.iOS 184.108.40.206
This version is included in Visual Studio for Mac 8.4 Preview 2.1.
This release includes new and updated API to support Xcode 11.2. For more information you can view our release notes for 13.6.
- 7309 - [Generator] Allow 1 level nested classes
November 4, 2019 - Xamarin.iOS 220.127.116.11
This version is included in Visual Studio for Mac 8.4 Preview 2.
- 17416 - [Runtime] Fix
Socket.BeginConnectso it does not complete too early when not using callback
- 17422 - [Profiler] Fix coverage profiler on macOS
- 17524 - [Debugger] Avoid cutting exceptions in stack traces
- 17530 - [Runtime] Update NTLM authentication protocol related sources
- 17240 - [Runtime] Add drawing type converters to mobile profiles
- 7164 - [Linker] Ensure removal of
October 17, 2019 - Xamarin.iOS 18.104.22.168
This version is included in Visual Studio for Mac 8.4 Preview 1.
This release includes new and updated API to support Xcode 11.1. For more information you can view our release notes for 13.4.
- 6863 - [Generator] Provide clear error message on type mismatch with
- 7004 - [Runtime] Build and ship Xamarin[-debug].framework.dSYM
- 5603 - [Network] Add
- 6443 - [Foundation] Allow users to explicitly bypass the background session check
- 6762 - [Foundation] Ensure that we allow cellular data by default
- 6883 - [Registrar] Ignore method encodings when processing copyback arguments in the dynamic registrar
- 6704 - [Foundation] Ensure that a collection in
NSUrlSessionHandleris not modified during the loop
- 6828 - [Generator] Handle subclasses of
NSObjectas ref/out parameters in third-party libraries
- 6346 - [Linker] Fix
- 6711 - [Linker] Always preserve
INativeObject(interface) on types
- 6688 - [NaturalLanguage] Fix
NLLanguageRecognizerCommunity Contribution ❤️
- 6649 - [UIKit] Add
- 6654 - [AddressBook] Make
7264 - MT0000: Unexpected error ... when a project's path has a quote
If a project or its directory contain a single quote, the build will fail with an MT0000 error. Workaround: rename the project or the directory to remove the single quote.
Using an older Xcode version
The following documents contains a complete list of the API changes since the Xamarin.iOS 13.6 stable release:
Integrated Mono Features/Fixes
Your feedback is important to us. If there are any problems with this release, check the Xamarin.iOS Forums and Xamarin Mac/iOS GitHub Repository for existing issues. If you do not find any matching issue, please feel free to start a new discussion and report an issue.
Xamarin.iOS is based on the following open-source repositories:
A big Thank You! to external contributors who made improvements in this release: