How to change the text color of the unavailable items in the screens in Microsoft Dynamics SL
This article describes how to change the text color of the unavailable items in the screens in Microsoft Dynamics SL. On some monitors, the default color that is used to display the text of the unavailable items is very light and difficult to see.
Applies to: Microsoft Dynamics SL 2011
Original KB number: 924632
This article contains information about how to modify the registry. Make sure that you back up the registry before you modify it. Make sure that you know how to restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up, restore, and modify the registry, see How to back up and restore the registry in Windows.
Change the text color of the unavailable items
Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly by using Registry Editor or by using another method. These problems might require that you reinstall the operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that these problems can be solved. Modify the registry at your own risk.
To change the text color of the unavailable items in the screens, follow these steps:
- Click Start, click Run, type
regedit, and then click OK.
- Expand HKEY_CURRENT_USER, expand Control Panel, and then click Colors.
- In the right pane, right-click GrayText, and then click Modify.
- Modify the value in the Value data box. For example, to change the color of the unavailable items from gray to blue, type 0 0 255.
- Exit Registry Editor.
- Right-click the Microsoft Windows desktop, and then click Properties.
- Click the Appearance tab.
- In the Windows and buttons box, select Windows Classic style, and then click Apply.
- Restart the computer.
This setting affects the text color of the unavailable items in all programs.