API, class, and table reference
This topic describes where to find API documentation in Visual Studio and on the Microsoft docs site.
Application classes and tables
Application class and table documentation is in Visual Studio
You can find documentation for the Application classes in Microsoft Visual Studio by searching for the application programming interface (API) in Application Explorer and then displaying the code. You can find additional metadata about the API in the Properties window. You can also download a list of all the tables in the Technical Reference Reports.
Programming with application tables and classes
Application tables are being similar to application classes, but with the following differences from classes:
- Tables are persistent.
- Table fields are always public.
- A table almost always corresponds to a real object.
- The definition of a table must sometimes be erased if you later want another table to extend it.
Design pattern of private new in application classes
All application classes are under Application Explorer > Classes. Every application class has the constructor method named
new, even if the class has no new node in the AOT. If the class has no explicit new node, the implicit
new method is public. A design pattern that is sometimes used in the application classes is to declare the explicit
new constructor method as
private. Then a
public static method is added to call the
new method. The static method can restrict or control the call the
new method based on various conditions, if necessary.
System classes and tables
System API, class, and table documentation is on the Microsoft docs site
Documentation for the classes and functions that are listed under System Documentation in Application Explorer is available on the Microsoft docs site.
X++ compile-time functions
X++ run-time functions
- X++ container run-time functions
- X++ business run-time functions
- X++ conversion run-time functions
- X++ date run-time functions
- X++ math run-time functions
- X++ reflection run-time functions
- X++ session run-time functions
- X++ string run-time functions
- A classes
- B classes
- C classes
- D classes
- E classes
- F classes: FieldBinding to FormBuildAnimateControl
- F classes: FormBuildButtonControl to FormBuildFastTabSummarySeparator
- F classes: FormBuildFilterPaneControl to FormBuildRealControl
- F classes: FormBuildReferenceControl to FormButtonSeparatorControl
- F classes: FormChangeTracker to FormControlEventArgs
- F classes: FormDataObject to FormFastTabHeaderControl
- F classes: FormFastTabSummarySeparator to FormGridControl
- F classes: FormGroupControl to FormIntControl
- F classes: FormListBoxControl to FormNotifyEventArgs
- F classes: FormObject to FormRealControl
- F classes: FormReferenceControl to FormStringControl
- F classes: FormTabControl to FormWindowControl
- G classes
- H classes
- I classes
- J classes
- K classes
- L classes
- M classes
- N classes
- O classes
- P classes
- Q classes
- R classes
- S classes
- T classes
- U classes
- V classes
- W classes
- X classes
Nos gustaría conocer su opinión. Elija el tipo que desea proporcionar:
Nuestro sistema de comentarios está basado en los problemas de GitHub. Más información en nuestro blog.