Create Virtual Machines Using Custom Image Or Specialized VHD (Java)
Azure Compute sample for managing virtual machines.
- Create a virtual machine
- Deallocate the virtual machine
- Generalize the virtual machine
- Capture the virtual machine to create a generalized image
- Create a second virtual machine using the generalized image
- Delete the second virtual machine
- Create a new virtual machine by attaching OS disk of deleted VM to it.
Running this Sample
To run this sample:
Set the environment variable
AZURE_AUTH_LOCATION with the full path for an auth file. See how to create an auth file.
git clone https://github.com/Azure-Samples/compute-java-create-virtual-machines-from-generalized-image-or-specialized-vhd.git cd compute-java-create-virtual-machines-from-generalized-image-or-specialized-vhd mvn clean compile exec:java
If you don't have a Microsoft Azure subscription you can get a FREE trial account here.