Manage Resources From MSI-Enabled Virtual Machine Belonging To AAD Group (Java)
Azure Compute sample for managing virtual machines.
- Create a AAD security group
- Assign AAD security group Contributor role at a resource group
- Create a virtual machine with MSI enabled
- Add virtual machine MSI service principal to the AAD group
- Set custom script in the virtual machine that
- install az cli in the virtual machine
- uses az cli MSI credentials to create a storage account
- Get storage account created through MSI credentials.
Running this sample
To run this sample:
Set the environment variable
AZURE_AUTH_LOCATION with the full path for an auth file. See how to create an auth file.
git clone https://github.com/Azure-Samples/compute-java-manage-resources-from-vm-with-msi-in-aad-group.git cd compute-java-manage-resources-from-vm-with-msi-in-aad-group mvn clean compile exec:java
If you don't have a Microsoft Azure subscription you can get a FREE trial account here.