Use analytics to improve your bot
[This topic is pre-release documentation and is subject to change.]
As you create and deploy your bot, you can use analytics to see how your bot is performing. Dynamics 365 Virtual Agent for Customer Service includes built-in dashboards, interactive charts, and visual filters that give you actionable insights into critical performance metrics, operational data, and emerging trends.
To view the analytics dashboards, select Analytics in the left pane to open the Analytics page.
Some key features of the dashboards include:
- Filters to let you view customer service data for a specific time period.
- Key performance indicator charts that give you the basics of how your system is performing.
- Graphical charts showing trends and breakdowns of cases from a variety of views.
- Impact charts that show the impact and trends of cases related to specific support topics.
Filters on each dashboard let you view support-case information for a specific time period.
By default, dashboards display information for the last seven days, but you can also display information for the last 30 days by selecting Last 30 Days.
Key performance indicator charts
Key performance indicator charts give you a view of the key performance data for your bot and customer-service system for the specified time period. For example, the key performance indicator charts on the Summary page show you:
- The total number of sessions during the period.
- The percentage of total sessions during the period that are engaged sessions.
- The percentage of engaged sessions during the period that are resolved. A resolved session is a session in which customers are offered an end-of-conversation survey that asks the question “Did that answer your question?” and the user either does not respond or responds Yes.
- The percentage of engaged sessions during the period that are escalated. An escalated session is a session in which a customer requests help from a live agent.
- The percentage of engaged sessions during the period that are abandoned. An abandoned session is an engaged session that is neither resolved nor escalated after one hour from the beginning of the session.
- The graphical view of the average of customer satisfaction (CSAT) scores for sessions in which customers respond to an end-of-session request to take the survey.
Each key performance indicator chart includes an up-and-down indicator next to the value that indicates the percent change in a positive or negative direction over the specified time period.
Graphical trend and breakdown charts
The dashboards include a variety of graphical charts that give you views of different trends and break down cases by key criteria such as customer satisfaction, survey response rate, outcomes over time, engagement over time, and daily topic volume.
Impact charts show you the topics that are having the greatest impact, both positive and negative, on the performance of your bot.
For details on Dynamics 365 Virtual Agent for Customer Service analytics, see the following topics: