Azure Migrate service can help you discover, assess, and migrate resources successfully to Azure.
You’re the solution architect for a manufacturing company that currently hosts its IT operations through a managed service provider. The datacenter lease is rapidly approaching expiration and the company’s executive management has decided not to renew the datacenter lease, and instead migrate their services to Azure. By moving to the cloud, the company will now pay only for resources they use, and the migration will pave the way for modernization of their apps and services. You have been asked to undertake the migration effort, but first you must prepare your on-premises workloads and the tools you intend using to migrate to Azure.
Choosing the appropriate migration strategy for your business need is essential. You'll learn about the differences between Azure Migrate and Azure Site Recovery, which can also be used to migrate virtual machines to Azure. You’ll learn about agentless and agent-based migration of virtual machines and when to use one over the other.
Finally, you’ll review procedures and guidelines for preparing Azure and your on-premises environment before you can migrate your workloads.
In this module, you’ll learn how to:
- Choose the appropriate migration tool to solve your business problem
- Prepare Azure for the Azure Migrate deployment
- Prepare the on-premises environment for agentless server migration
- Deploy the Azure Migrate appliance to use with the Azure Migrate Server Migration tool
- Knowledge of cloud and traditional architecture concepts
- Knowledge of networking, compute, and database systems
- Familiarity with virtualization concepts like VMs, virtual networks, and virtual hard disks
- Ability to manage cloud identities with Azure Active Directory