Viva digest emails
If you're a subscriber of Microsoft Viva Insights, you will receive informative emails on the following occasions:
- Up to four weeks after being assigned a license, you'll receive a welcome message that introduces the service.
- Each month, you'll receive a digest email that summarizes data about your work patterns and ways to improve them.
Up to four weeks after the admin assigns you a license, you'll receive a Welcome message from Microsoft Viva in your Outlook inbox.
You do not receive the Welcome digest outside of your work week. For example, if necessary, the delivery is delayed to Monday to keep it from being delivered during a weekend.
Applies to: Microsoft Viva elements are available in varying levels for the different Microsoft 365 and Office 365 plans. You can only get the digest email if you're assigned a license with the MyAnalytics service. See Plans and environments for details.
As a Microsoft Viva licensed user, you'll receive a monthly digest with suggestions to help you better understand your work patterns and improve your wellbeing and productivity. This digest is a notification generated by the system and delivered to your Outlook inbox at the start of each month. You can tell it's the digest email from Microsoft Viva when the subject line starts with "Your monthly" and the sender is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Monthly digest emails include insights about some of the following work patterns:
- Focus - Find ways to increase your focus hours, so you can accomplish deep work and unleash your creativity.
- Wellbeing - See if you're getting good balance between work and personal time, then find ways to disconnect and unwind after hours.
- Network - See who's in your network and make sure you're keeping up with important contacts and relationships.
- Collaboration - Get tips on how to plan your calendar, spend less time in low-quality meetings, and write more effective emails.
- Team insights - If you're a team lead or manager with a Microsoft Viva Insights license, you'll also see insights about your team and suggestions on how to help improve or maintain your team's wellbeing and effectiveness. For more details about team insights, see Team insights. You can add or remove team members in Config settings.
Only you can see your data. See the Privacy guide for details.
The following shows an example of what you might see in a monthly digest email:
Opt out of digests
If you do not want a monthly digest from Microsoft Viva, select Unsubscribe near the end of the email.
After you select Unsubscribe, confirm you are opting out for the correct email address. If the email address is not yours or is incorrect, this will not unsubscribe your correct email.
Why am I still receiving the digest?
If you have multiple Microsoft 365 emails, you might be getting the digest for a different email address than the one you unsubscribed with. Confirm that the email address at the bottom of your digest email is the same as the one on the Unsubscribe page.
Skype for Business data is usually prompt. However, in rare instances, users can experience delays of up to two to four days.