Released version 18.24
Version 18.24 for Web.PowerApps.com is now available in all regions. This article describes the updates, including the new features, and the fixes to existing functionality, which are included in this update. This version was first made available in preview on December 5, 2018, and completed worldwide rollout on December 5, 2018.
Build model-driven apps of higher quality with Solution checker
Solution checker promotes higher-quality model-driven apps by helping app makers follow best practices when they customize and extend the PowerApps platform. By running the checker, app makers can answer questions such as these:
- What areas of my PowerApps implementation pose a performance or reliability risk?
- Am I using the PowerApps extensibility architecture and provided APIs appropriately?
- What APIs will be deprecated in the next major release of PowerApps?
App makers can access an actionable scorecard that lists top solution issues. For each issue identified, the scorecard points to specific occurrences within the code or customizations where improvements may be required. Most importantly, app makers can discover how to implement these improvements by following detailed guidance.
Solution checker is available in all worldwide regions, with the exception of Sovereign Cloud regions. You can find more information about how to run a solution check on the PowerApps blog post or the documentation.
Model-driven view designer enhancements
An improved view designer within PowerApps will allow app customizers to see a live preview as they apply advanced filtering and sorting logic. Additionally, we are adding simplified sorting and sorting via the column headers like SharePoint and Excel to make it faster to get the view you want.
Fixes and improvements
- Lists: Command bar - Command bars are visible when scrolling.
- Lists: List column headers - List column header are visible when scrolling.
- Modern Solution Explorer: "Load the next items" issue in IE11 - When selecting the default solution loading more items does not work in IE11
- Modern Solution Explorer: Add sub-component experience - When adding an entity to a solution via Add existing, an option to select sub-components is now available.
- Modern Solution Explorer: Clone solution - Clone solution is now a modern experience.
- Modern Solution Explorer: Import translations - Import translations is now a modern experience.
- Modern Solution Explorer: Patch solution - Patch solution is now a modern experience.
- Sharing: Adding a user - With same email address that is already shared shows "xxx wasn't found" in suggestions
- Sharing: Tooltip - We now display both email and user name when hovering over a user.