Troubleshooting Enterprise Voice: Approaches, Procedures, and Tools
Dernière rubrique modifiée : 2009-03-06
When you manage a Microsoft® Office Communications Server 2007 R2 Enterprise Voice deployment, you may need to troubleshoot call quality issues, such as hissing and low volume, and network configuration and connectivity issues. Enterprise Voice deployments involve many components, such as system devices, the network, the interface between your deployment, and the public switched telephone network (PSTN), or a combination of these components. As a result, troubleshooting Enterprise Voice issues can be complex. To assist you in this task, this guide provides the following types of information:
- General approaches to use when addressing the two basic types of issues—network configuration and connectivity issues and voice quality issues—that you may encounter when supporting Enterprise Voice.
- Specific steps for the more common troubleshooting scenarios, including identifying the issue, isolating the cause, and resolving the issue.
- Detailed information about tools that you may find useful for troubleshooting Enterprise Voice issues.
- Tips for heading off potential problems with Enterprise Voice before they occur.
- Appendixes that offer detailed information about events and performance counters that are related to Enterprise Voice, along with a list of additional troubleshooting resources.
|Resolving Enterprise Voice issues may require additional information about hardware or software that is provided by other vendors, which is outside the scope of this guide.|
In This Section
- Troubleshooting Network Issues with Enterprise Voice
- Troubleshooting Voice Quality Issues with Enterprise Voice
- Troubleshooting Tools for Enterprise Voice
- Heading off Potential Problems with Enterprise Voice
- Appendixes: Troubleshooting Enterprise Voice