Connect your PC to Microsoft 365 Business Premium
After you set up Microsoft 365 Business Premium (formerly known as Microsoft 365 Business), you and your employees need to complete a few steps to take full advantage of its security and management features. Here's how.
First, verify that you have Windows 10 Pro installed:
- Choose Start , search for Control Panel , and select it.
- Choose System and Security > System , and confirm your Windows edition.
Next, connect to Microsoft 365 Business:
- Select Start , and then select the Settings icon.
- Select Accounts > Access work or school > Connect.
- Select Join this device to Azure Active Directory.
- Enter the email address for your Microsoft 365 account, and select Next.
- Enter your password, select Sign in , and then verify that you are joining the correct organization.
- Select Join , and then select Done.
Depending on how your company set up Microsoft 365 Business, you might see a notification to encrypt your PC. To encrypt your PC:
- Select the Encryption needed message.
- Select I don't have any other disk encryption software installed, encrypt all my disks , and then select Yes. You will see a Starting BitLocker window with a progress bar.
- In the Choose how to unlock your drive at startup window, select Enter a PIN (recommended).
- Enter your PIN, and then enter it again to verify it. Select Set PIN.
- Choose a method to save an encryption recovery key, and then select Next.
- Choose how much of your drive to encrypt, then select Next.
- Choose an encryption mode, select Next , and then select Continue. Your drive will now be encrypted. You can continue to work during the encryption process.
Your PC is now protected and managed by Microsoft 365 Business.