Cancel your Azure subscription
You can cancel your Azure subscription as the Account Administrator. After you cancel the subscription, your access to Azure services and resources will end.
Before you cancel your subscription:
- Back up your data. For example, if you're storing data in Azure storage or SQL, download a copy. If you have a virtual machine, save an image of it locally.
- Shut down your services. Go to the resources page in the management portal, and Stop any running virtual machines, applications, or other services.
- Consider migrating your data. See Move resources to new resource group or subscription.
If you cancel a paid Azure Support plan, you will still be billed monthly for the rest of the 6-months term.
Cancel subscription via the Azure portal
Log on to the Azure portal as the Account Administrator.
Only the account administrator can cancel subscriptions. For more information about how to find out who is the account administrator of the subscription, see the Frequently asked questions.
On the Hub menu, select Subscriptions.
In the subscriptions blade, select the subscription you want to cancel and click Cancel Sub to launch the cancel blade.
- Enter the subscripton name and choose a cancellation reason and click the Cancel Sub button at the bottom of the cancel blade.
It will take up to 10 minutes for the cancellation to be reflected in the portal but billing will be stopped immediately.
Cancel subscription via the Azure Account Center
- Log on to the Azure Account Center as the Account Administrator.
Under Click a subscription to view details and usage, select the subscription that you want to cancel.
On the right side of the page, select Cancel Subscription.
Select Yes, cancel my subscription.
- Click to close the dialog window and return to your subscription page.
After you cancel your subscription, we wait 90 days before permanently deleting your data in case you need to access it or change your mind. For more information, see Microsoft Trust Center - How we manage your data.
If you canceled your Pay-As-You-Go subscription accidentally, you can reactivate it in the Accounts Center.
Need help? Contact support.
If you still have further questions, please contact support to get your issue resolved quickly.