Preview: Unlock sales potential with Dynamics 365 Sales Insights
Applies to Dynamics 365 for Customer Engagement version 9.1.0.
[This topic is pre-release documentation and is subject to change.]
A preview feature is a feature that is not complete, but is made available before it’s officially in a release so customers can get early access and provide feedback. Preview features aren’t meant for production use and may have limited or restricted functionality.
As a sales manager, you must lead your business to success not only by selling products but also by helping your sales team win deals to generate revenue. You must ensure that each sales rep is brought onboard and kept well informed, supported, and motivated. Dynamics 365 Sales Insights provides solutions that use analytics and data science to gather data from Dynamics 365 for Sales and Microsoft Office. It then provides you with this information and insights to intelligently manage your team, proactively coach sales reps, and quickly answer questions regarding the business. To achieve this, the Dynamics 365 Sales Insights app provides you with information through key performance indicators (KPIs) for pipeline and deals.
The Dynamics 365 Sales Insights app is currently available only in the North America (NAM) region.
The next sections describe:
- Recommendations for using the Dynamics 365 Sales Insights app
- How to get the Dynamics 365 Sales Insights app
- How to access the Dynamics 365 Sales Insights app
Recommendations for using the Dynamics 365 Sales Insights app
Before you start using the application, we suggest you review the following requirements for effective use of the Dynamics 365 Sales Insights app:
- Verify that you have a subscription to Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Sales. More information: Purchase and assign Dynamics 365 for Customer Engagement apps licenses
- Verify that the fiscal year period is configured for your organization. More information: Work with fiscal year settings
- Verify that the proper manager hierarchy is defined for you, and that sales reps or individuals are added to it. More information: Set up manager and position hierarchies
- Verify that goals are defined for sales reps or individuals in your hierarchy.More information: Create or edit a goal (Sales and Sales Hub)
While defining goals, ensure that Goal Metric parameter is configured as Revenue.
- Verify that Relationship assistant is enabled to access the cards. More information: Use relationship assistant to guide customer communications
How to get the Dynamics 365 Sales Insights app
The Dynamics 365 Sales Insights app is a standalone application and you must sign in to the app to use it. You can use one of the following entry points to access the app:
- Go to the Dynamics 365 Sales Insights marketing page and select GET IT NOW.
- Go to sales.ai.dynamics.com
You must purchase a Dynamics 365 Sales Insights license to use the Sales Insights features.
How to access the Dynamics 365Sales Insights application
You must sign in to the application to view the KPIs for pipeline and deals.
Five users can sign in and use the app for an organization. If more users want to use the app, a Dynamics 365 for Sales system administrator must sign in to it.
Let’s look at an example: Kevin is a sales manager. When he signs in to the app for the first time, it prompts him to select his Dynamics 365 for Sales organization. This helps to compute and consolidate the necessary insights about the team for Kevin on the home page. If he has previously signed in and used the app, he can access the home page directly.
When you sign in for the first time, the application takes several minutes to gather the data and display visuals for you. Also, a status message is displayed to update you on progress.
The following diagram illustrates how you can access the Dynamics 365 Sales Insights application.
For specific privacy information about Dynamics 365 Sales Insights capabilities for sales managers, see Privacy notice.