Third-Party Utilities to Enhance Accessibility
A wide variety of third-party hardware and software products are available to make it easier to use personal computers. Among the different types of products available for the MS-DOS, Microsoft Windows, and Microsoft Windows NT operating systems are:
- Programs that enlarge or alter the color of information on the screen.
- Programs that describe information on the screen in Braille or synthesized speech.
- Hardware and software utilities that modify the behavior of the mouse and keyboard.
- Programs that make it possible for people to "type" using a mouse or their voice.
- Word or phrase prediction software that makes it possible for people to type more quickly and with fewer keystrokes.
- Alternate input devices, such as single switch or puff-and-sip devices.
To learn more about these products, see More Accessibility Information.
Accessibility for People with Disabilities | Microsoft Services for People Who Are Deaf or Hard-of-Hearing | Microsoft Documentation in Alternative Formats | Customizing Windows or Windows NT | More Accessibility Information | Microsoft Visual FoxPro Product-Specific Accessibility Information