The Universal Print connector allows your existing printers to communicate with Universal Print even if they don't natively support it. We frequently update the Connector to fix bugs and add new features. Download the latest version of the Universal print connector.
| 🐛 Bug Fix | ⭐ New Feature or Announcement | 🔨 Change or Improvement|
September 16, 2021 - Version 1.76.7928.42653
- 🐛 Fixed a bug that caused increased resource usage and delayed printing.
September 13, 2021 - Version 1.74.7915.34480
- 🐛 Multiple bug fixes to handle various errors better and retry on failures when applicable.
June 24, 2021 - Version 1.70.7832.21687
- ⭐ Added support for printing PDF.
- 🔨 Added support for registering multiple printer queues of the same physical printer from the same Connector.
- 🐛 Fixed a bug that caused Connector App to crash because of a bad config file.
- 🐛 Fixed a bug that caused the Connector to unregister a printer locally, even though it was registered in Universal Print.
April 2, 2021 - Version 1.40.7748.31752
- 🔨 Improved accessibility features in the connector
- Improved tab ordering and visual focus indicators
- Screen reader support improved
- Detailed accessibility conformance documentation is available here.
- 🐛 Fixed a bug that sometimes caused registration of printers to fail when Unicode characters were present in printer names.
- 🐛 Fixed a bug that caused the connector to stop processing print jobs when an in-progress job was cancelled.
- 🐛 Several reliability improvements related to print jobs
January 15, 2021 - Version 1.34.7682.37225
- ⭐ Automatic updates are installed in the background by default. To ensure your connector stays up to date as we improve Universal Print, this feature can no longer be disabled via the UI.
- 🔨 Improved error handling to make print failures easier to investigate.
December 18, 2020 - Version 1.26.7633.377
- 🐛 Fixes a critical stability issue in the connector that was causing some jobs to remain incomplete.
- 🔨 Significantly improved network error handling to reliably get print job notifications from Universal Print service.
- ⭐ Supports Hybrid Active Directory configuration that associates user name in the spooler queue of the connector PC.
October 28, 2020 - Version 1.16.7608.829
Enabled* auto-update to make sure your connector always stays up to date with the latest and greatest Universal Print improvements! If your connector is v1.0 or higher, you'll start automatically getting updates. If you have an older connector version, manually update to the latest version to start getting updates.
*This update is not yet available to all users. We are continuing to evaluate and roll it out more broadly.
September 28, 2020 - Version 1.14.7564.21701
- 🔨 Notify the Universal Print service more quickly about printer status updates
- 🔨 Improved recovery of accidentally removed printers
- 🐛 Jobs that are cancelled after being submitted are now properly terminated
- 🐛 Fixed multiple bugs related to print ticket validation and print job submission
August 31, 2020 - Version 1.10.7541.40729
- ⭐ Administrators can now select which port the connector runs on (the default port is 8091)
- 🔨 Reduced connector service startup time