Get started with the mobile platform
After you acquire a development environment, complete the following procedures to get started with development.
Get the Fleet Management mobile forms
We have created new, purpose-built forms in the Fleet Management module. These forms are used specifically for the mobile app and aren't meant to be used through the web client.
- Download the file that contains the Fleet Management project (.axpp file).
- Extract the contents of the zip file to a temporary location on the development computer.
- Import the project (.axpp) file by using Microsoft Visual Studio (click Finance and Operations > Import Project).
- After you've imported the project file, build the project or module.
Get the sample workspace
We provide a sample workspace for Reservation management. This workspace is based on the Fleet Management module.
- Download the file that contains the sample workspace (.xml file).
- Sign in to your non-production client. (You must sign in as a Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations administrator.)
- In the address bar, add &mode=mobile to the end of the URL, and then press Enter.
- In the client, go to Settings > Mobile app. The mobile app designer will appear docked next to the Finance and Operations client.
- Click the Overflow button (…), and then click Import.
- Click the Browse button that appears at the bottom of the page.
- In the file selection dialog box that appears, select one of the XML files that you previously extracted from the zip file.
- After the app has been loaded into the mobile app designer, click Done at the bottom of the page.
- Click Publish workspace.
Get the mobile app
The mobile app is being made available for the most popular mobile operating systems. You must have a Dynamics 365 Unified Operations instance and valid user credentials in order to log in to the app.
- Android (available now) - Microsoft Dynamics 365 Unified Operations on the Google Play Store
- iPhone (available now) - Microsoft Dynamics 365 Unified Operations on the iTunes apps store
You're done! Launch the app from your mobile device to see the sample workspace.