Invite users to your public project
Azure DevOps Services - Public Projects
Learn how to enable public users to contribute to your project.
Sign in to your organization (
Select Organization settings.
Select Users, and then select Add users.
Complete the form based on the following guidance, and then select Add.
- Users: Enter the email address for the user account. You can add several email addresses by separating them with a semicolon (;). Note that for Microsoft accounts (MSAs), the email addresses display in red.
- Access level: You can add up to five users (total including your own user account) with Basic access. Otherwise, you can add an unlimited number of users with Stakeholder access. In public projects, both the Stakeholder and the Basic access level grant full access to Code, Work, and Build and Release, but Stakeholders only get partial access to Test and Dashboards. To learn more, see Default roles & access for public projects.
- Add to projects: Select each public project that you want to add the user to.
- Azure DevOps Groups: Leave this entry at Project Contributors, the default security group for people who contribute to your project. To learn more, see Default permissions and access assignments.
- Send email invites: Check the box next to "Send email invites" to invite your new users via their email addresses.
Advise the external user to locate the email that they received from Azure DevOps and select the URL link. This final step adds the user to your project.
If you need to resend the invitation email, go to Users, select the user, and select Resend invite.