Welcome to the Microsoft 365 Developer Program
The Microsoft 365 Developer Program includes a Microsoft 365 E5 developer subscription that you can use to create your own sandbox and develop solutions independent of your production environment. You can build Microsoft Teams apps, Office Add-ins for Word, Excel, PowerPoint, or Outlook, or SharePoint Add-ins, using Microsoft Graph, the SharePoint Framework, Power Apps, and more.
Do you have a Visual Studio Pro or Enteprise subscription? If so, you can take advantage of additional benefits when you join the program; for details, see Join with Visual Studio.
Join the Microsoft 365 Developer Program
Go to the Join the Microsoft 365 Developer Program page.
In the upper-right corner, choose Sign in to sign in with your Microsoft account or Azure Active Directory-enabled email.
Remember the account that you sign in with. You’ll sign in to the Developer Program dashboard with this account. This account is different than the admin ID that you'll use for your Microsoft 365 developer subscription.
After signing in, choose Join now.
On the Microsoft 365 Developer Program Signup page, complete the following fields in the online form:
- Contact Email
Review the terms and conditions. You'll need to select the check box before you can join.
Optionally, select the I would like to hear from the Microsoft 365 Developer Program check box if you want to hear from Microsoft about new capabilities and other updates.
On the Microsoft 365 Developer Program Preferences page, let us know your preferences so we can personalize your experience, including:
- The industry that you work in.
- The type of applications or solutions that you're interested in developing.
- Products, technologies, and programming languages that you're interested in.
When you're finished, choose Join. Your preferences appear on the next page in the top right, and you will see a Welcome message and will receive a welcome email.
- Set up a Microsoft 365 developer subscription.
- After you have your developer subscription, use your subscription to build the types of solutions that you want.
- For information about expiring subscriptions, see Subscription expiration and renewal.
- For frequently asked questions about the Microsoft 365 Developer Program, see the FAQ.