Azure IoT Hub is a fully managed service that enables reliable and secure bidirectional communications between millions of IoT devices and a solution back end. Azure IoT Hub:
- Provides multiple device-to-cloud and cloud-to-device communication options, including one-way messaging, file transfer, and request-reply methods.
- Provides built-in declarative message routing to other Azure services.
- Provides a queryable store for device metadata and synchronized state information.
- Enables secure communications and access control using per-device security keys or X.509 certificates.
- Provides extensive monitoring for device connectivity and device identity management events.
- Includes device libraries for the most popular languages and platforms.
Install the npm module
Install the Azure IoT Hub npm module
npm install @azure/arm-iothub
- Examples for using this module in Node.js as well as browser applications can be found in the README for the module
- Get started with the Raspberry Pi Azure IoT Starter Kit