Getting started on managing a virtual machine with User Assigned MSI using C#
Azure Compute sample for managing virtual machines -
- Create a Resource Group and User Assigned MSI with CONTRIBUTOR access to the resource group
- Create a Linux VM and associate it with User Assigned MSI
- Install Java8, Maven3 and GIT on the VM using Azure Custom Script Extension
- Run Java application in the MSI enabled Linux VM which uses MSI credentials to manage Azure resource
- Retrieve the Virtual machine created from the MSI enabled Linux VM.
Running this Sample
To run this sample:
Set the environment variable
AZURE_AUTH_LOCATION with the full path for an auth file. See how to create an auth file.
git clone https://github.com/Azure-Samples/compute-dotnet-manage-user-assigned-msi-enabled-virtual-machine.git cd compute-dotnet-manage-user-assigned-msi-enabled-virtual-machine dotnet build bin\Debug\net452\ManageUserAssignedMSIEnabledVirtualMachine.exe