Install the Windows ADK offline
To install the Windows ADK on a PC that does not have Internet access, first download the installer files on a PC that has internet access. Next, copy the installer files to a location that is accessible to the offline computer. Then run ADKSetup.exe using either the GUI or the command line.
Using the GUI
- On a PC that has Internet access, see Download and install the Windows ADK.
- Click one of the links to download the ADK version you desire, and Save adksetup.exe to a location on your computer.
- Run ADKSetup.exe. After a few seconds, the Specify Location screen appears.
The success of this step requires that you run ADKSetup.exe on a computer with an Internet connection and without a copy of Windows ADK installed. If you have Windows ADK installed and do not wish to uninstall it, consider following the instructions in the "Using the command line" section below instead.
- In the Specify Location screen, choose the second option that reads: "Download the Windows Assessment and Deployment Toolkit for installation on a separate computer". (The exact wording might differ, depending on the version of ADK.)
- Follow the on-screen instruction to finish downloading Windows ADK.
- Copy the downloaded files to a location that the offline computer can access. For example, copy the files to removable media or to a file server that the target computer can access.
- On the offline computer, change directory to the location of the copied files.
- Run ADKSetup.exe, and then select the Windows ADK features that you want to install.
Using the command line
If you have a scenario where you need to silently install the Windows ADK, you can install using the command line.
On a PC that has Internet access, see Download and install the Windows ADK.
Click one of the links to download the ADK version you desire, and Save adksetup.exe to a location on your computer.
Open a Command Prompt window as administrator.
Change to the directory that stores the Adksetup.exe file:
Run adksetup.exe. Use /quiet to run the installer silently. Use /layout to specify where the offline install files will be copied to.
adksetup /quiet /layout c:\temp\ADKoffline
Copy the downloaded files to a location that the offline computer can access. For example, copy the files to removable media or to a file server that the offline computer can access.
On the offline computer, open a Command Prompt window as an administrator.
Change to the directory that contains adksetup.exe.
Run adksetup.exe. Use /quiet for a silent installation, /installpath to specify where to install the ADK, and /features to specify features. For example, install Deployment Tools to c:\ADK silently:
adksetup.exe /quiet /installpath c:\ADK /features OptionId.DeploymentTools