You only have administrative access to Microsoft Dynamics CRM error message displays when accessing the Microsoft Dynamics CRM App for Outlook
This article provides a solution to an error that occurs when you access the Microsoft Dynamics CRM App for Outlook.
Applies to: Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online
Original KB number: 3064256
When you select the Dynamics CRM app in Outlook (anywhere the app is supported), you see the following message:
"You only have administrative access to Microsoft Dynamics CRM. To use this app, you must have read-write access."
The Access Mode option for the user is set as Administrative. If the access mode is set as Administrative, the privileges of the user are restricted.
To fix this issue, follow these steps:
- As a user with the System Administrator role, change the access type of this user to Read-Write.
- Sign in to the Microsoft Dynamics CRM web application as a user with the System Administrator role.
- Navigate to Settings > Security > Users.
- Double-click on the user.
- Under Administration, select the value Read-Write for Access Mode.
- Select Save.