Download and install the Windows ADK
The Windows Assessment and Deployment Kit (Windows ADK) has the tools you need to customize Windows images for large-scale deployment, and to test the quality and performance of your system, its added components, and the applications running on it. The Windows ADK includes:
- The Windows Assessment Toolkit and the Windows Performance Toolkit to assess the quality and performance of systems or components.
- Deployment tools such as WinPE, Sysprep, and other tools that you can use to customize and deploy Windows 10 images.
- Starting with Windows 10, version 1809, Windows Preinstallation Environment (PE) is released separately from the Assessment and Deployment Kit (ADK). To add Windows PE to your ADK installation, download the Windows PE Addon and run the included installer after installing the ADK. This change enables post-RTM updates to tools in the ADK. After you run the installer, the WinPE files will be in the same location as they were in previous ADK installs.
For Windows 10 IoT Core, also download the IoT Core Add-Ins.
Other ADK downloads
Install the ADK
Install the ADK based on what works best for your environment.
- For computers that are connected to the internet, you can use any of the download links above.
- For secure manufacturing environments, you can install the Windows ADK offline.
- For automated installs, you can silently install the Windows ADK.
Windows ADK tools for IT pros
Windows ADK contains core assessment and deployment tools that IT Pros can use to deploy Windows 10 company-wide, including the User State Migration Tool (USMT) and Volume Activation Management Tool (VAMT).
- Learn more about VAMT
- Learn more about USMT
- Learn more about Application Virtualization (App-V)
- Learn more about IT Pro scenarios