We can't load this app because your email account isn't configured with Dynamics 365 server-side sync for incoming email error occurs in Microsoft Dynamics 365 App for Outlook
This article provides a solution to an error that occurs when you try to open the Dynamics 365 App for Outlook.
Applies to: Microsoft Dynamics 365
Original KB number: 4469513
When attempting to open the Dynamics 365 App for Outlook, you receive the following error:
We can't load this app because your email account isn't configured with Dynamics 365 server-side sync for incoming email. Ask your system administrator to set up server-side sync for incoming email."
If you select Show more, you see more details such as the following message:
"Error: Email account isn't configured with server-side synchronization for incoming email Trace: Error: Email account isn't configured with server-side synchronization for incoming email"
The Dynamics 365 App for Outlook requires Server-Side Synchronization to be enabled for your mailbox. This error occurs when your mailbox in Dynamics 365 isn't enabled for incoming email using Server-Side Synchronization.
Your mailbox needed to have had Server-Side Synchronization configured correctly before the app could be deployed to your mailbox. However, if the status of your mailbox in Dynamics 365 changes later to a failure status, you would receive this error until the mailbox is correctly configured and enabled again.
Verify your mailbox is enabled for incoming email with Server-Side Synchronization.
- Access Dynamics 365 as a user with the System Administrator role.
- Navigate to Settings and then select Email Configuration.
- Select Mailboxes and then change the view to Active Mailboxes.
- Locate and open the mailbox record for the user meeting the error.
- Verify the Incoming Email option is set to Server-Side Synchronization or Email Router. If the app will also be used to track Appointments or Contacts in Outlook, verify the Appointments, Contacts, and Tasks setting as well.
- If the Incoming Email Status doesn't already show as Success, select Test & Enable Mailbox and make sure to select the checkbox that appears in the dialog.
- If the mailbox tests don't succeed, review the messages in the Alerts section. If an alert includes a Learn More link, select this link for more details. If you continue to see failures after selecting Test & Enable Mailbox, see Failure after clicking Test & Enable Mailbox in Dynamics 365 for more guidance.
- After the mailbox shows Success for Incoming Email Status, close and reopen Outlook. Then try to open the Dynamics 365 App for Outlook again.