Choose a Microsoft 365 Subscription
Choosing the right Microsoft 365 subscription is key to getting the most out of the service. Here's how to compare the options and choose a plan that's right for your business.
- In a browser, search for Microsoft 365 Business Premium.
- Open the Microsoft 365 Business Premium page, and then choose See plans and pricing. Here you can see which subscriptions are tailored to smaller businesses.
- Scroll down to view the features that are available with each option.
- If you have a larger business or have complex IT needs, scroll down and select Microsoft 365 Enterprise.
- Select See products and plans, and review the Enterprise subscriptions and their features.
- Once you've decided on a subscription, choose Buy now, and go through the sign-up process.
|Service area||Feature||Microsoft 365 Business Standard||Microsoft 365 Business Premium||Office 365 Enterprise E3|
|Licenses available||Maximum number of users||300||300||Unlimited|
|Office apps||Install Office on up to 5 PCs/Macs + 5 smartphones per user (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Access), Office Online||Business||Business||ProPlus|
|Email & calendar||Outlook, Exchange Online||50 GB||50 GB||100 GB|
|Hub for teamwork||Chat-based workspace, online meetings, and more in Microsoft Teams||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|File storage||OneDrive for Business||1 TB per user||1 TB per user||Unlimited|
|Social, video, sites||Stream, Yammer, Planner, SharePoint Online*, Power Apps*, Power Automate*||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Business apps||Scheduling apps - Bookings**||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Threat Protection||Office 365 Advanced Threat Protection||No||Yes||No|
|Windows Exploit Guard enforcement||No||Yes||No|
|Identity Management||Self-service password reset for hybrid Azure Active Directory accounts||No||Yes||No|
|Azure Multi-Factor Authentication, conditional access policies||No||Yes||No|
|Device & app management||Microsoft Intune, Windows AutoPilot, Windows Pro Management||No||Yes||No|
|Shared computer activation||No||Yes||Yes|
|Upgrade rights to Windows 10 Pro for Win 7/8.1 Pro licenses||No||Yes||No|
|Windows Virtual Desktop||No||Yes||No|
|Information protection||Office 365 data loss prevention||No||Yes||Yes|
|Azure Information Protection Plan 1, BitLocker enforcement||No||Yes||No|
|On-premises CAL rights||ECAL Suite (Exchange, SharePoint, Skype)||No||No||Yes|
|Compliance||Additional email archiving***||No||Yes||Yes|
* Indicates Microsoft 365 Business Standard has Plan 1 of the functionality and Office 365 Enterprise E3 has Plan 2.
** Available in US, UK, Canada.
*** Additional archive storage space when auto-expanding archiving is turned on.
To compare Microsoft 365 Business Premium with other products, including other Microsoft 365 plans, see Licensing Microsoft 365 for small and medium-sized businesses.