Create teams for collaboration in Microsoft Teams
Microsoft Teams is a collaboration app that helps your staff stay organized and have conversations, from any device. You can use Microsoft Teams to have instant conversations with members of your staff or guests outside your organization. You can also make phone calls, host meetings, and share files.
As an example, campaigns can create the following teams to communicate and collaborate securely:
- A Campaign Leads team: Set this up as a private team so that only your key campaign members can access it and discuss potentially sensitive concerns.
- A general Campaign team: This is for everyone to use for day to day communications and work. Individuals, groups, or committees can set up channels in this team to do their work. For example, the event planning people can set up a channel to chat and coordinate logistics for campaign events.
- A partners team: This is a team where you can coordinate with your vendors, partners, or volunteers without allowing them into anything sensitive.
You can also create teams for specific projects and apply the right amount of protection based on who should be included.
When you create a team, here's what else gets created:
- A new Microsoft 365 group
- A SharePoint Online site and document library to store team files
- An Exchange Online shared mailbox and calendar
- A OneNote notebook
- Ties into other Office 365 apps such as Planner and Power BI
Inside Microsoft Teams, you can find:
Teams: Find channels to belong to or create your own. Inside channels you can hold on-the-spot meetings, have conversations, and share files.
Meetings: See everything you've got lined up for the day or week. Or, schedule a meeting. This calendar syncs with your Outlook calendar.
Calls: In some cases, if your organization has it set up, you can call anyone from Microsoft Teams, even if they're not using Microsoft Teams.
Activity: Catch up on all your unread messages, @mentions, replies, and more.
Use the command box at the top to search for specific items or people, take quick actions, and launch apps.
Set it up
Create a private team for just the campaign manager and candidate like this.
Create an organization-wide team that everyone in the campaign can use to communicate and share files.
Create a team that you share with guests outside the campaign, such as advertising of financing.
Learn more about Microsoft Teams at Microsoft Teams technical documentation
You must be an admin to create an organization-wide team. For more information, see What is an Admin in Office 365?.