Marketplace Rewards supports you at your specific stage of growth, starting with awareness activities to help you get your first customers. As you grow through the Microsoft commercial marketplace, you unlock new benefits designed to help you convert customers and close deals. For details on the program and benefits, see Marketplace Rewards (PPT).
The program creates a positive feedback loop: the benefits at each stage of growth help you progress to the next stage, helping you to grow your business to Microsoft customers, with Microsoft's field, and through Microsoft's channel by leveraging the commercial marketplace as your platform.
Your benefits are differentiated based on whether your offer is Contact Me, Free Trial, or Transact.
You will be contacted by a member of the Rewards team when your offer goes live, based on your eligibility.
For Transact partners, as you grow your billed sales through the commercial marketplace platform, you unlock greater benefits per tier.
The minimum requirement to publish in the online stores is an MPNID, so these benefits are available to all partners regardless of MPN competency status or partner type. Each partner is empowered to grow their business through the commercial marketplace as a platform.
You will get support in understanding the resources available to you and in implementing the best practices, which you can also review on your own.
To check your eligibility for the Marketplace Rewards program, see the Marketplace Rewards page in Partner Center.
Your steps to get started are easy:
Publish an offer in either Microsoft AppSource or Azure Marketplace.
To see your list of benefits, go to the Marketplace Rewards page in Partner Center, and select the Sales and Marketing benefits tab.
To activate sales and marketing benefit, you must first assign a company marketing contact. This contact will receive follow-up communications about your Marketplace Rewards.
To add or update your marketing contact information, go to the top of the Sales and Marketing benefits tab on Marketplace Rewards page, then select Add, update, or change. Next, do the following:
- Select a user from the list. If the user you want to assign is not in the list, you can add new users in Account settings.
- Provide an email address for the user that's different from the email address associated with your company's Partner Center account. We will email instructions for using your Marketplace Rewards benefit to your designated marketing contact's email address.
- Provide the contact phone and preferred language for this marketing contact. After you finish entering this information, select Assign user.
- After you've updated the marketing contact, select Activate for the benefit you want to start using. Once you activate a benefit, your marketing contact will be contacted by a member of the Rewards team within a week.
- You can use your technical benefit to request technical assistance during the pre-sales, design, deployment, and app development phases of your cloud and hybrid solutions. To request assistance, fill in the request form and then select Submit request.
- How to make use of Azure sponsorship benefits will be shared via an email as you unlock these benefits.
If your offer has been live for more than four weeks and you have not received a message, check in Partner Center to find who in your organization owns the offer. They should have the communication and next steps. If you cannot determine the owner, or if the owner has left your company, open a support ticket.
The scope of the activities available to you expands as you grow your offerings in the marketplace. All listings receive a base level of optimization recommendations and promotion as part of a self-serve email of resources and best practices.